"Hear our cries. Who will help?"

Posted in By Arif-Faiz 0 comments






Think Creatively..

To produce a succesful collage, it is vital to show some sort of creative thinking. As I explained in the video above, I showed creative thinking by producing a collage that has an "organized" and well thought out structure. Although when you look at collages, in general, the scattered photos don't seem to be organized in any way, but the way my collage shows, in pictures, the plight of the Lost Boys of Sudan, organized like a map, starts from the right (where the countries Sudan, Kenya, and Ethiopia are) and move on to the left (the United States of America). To further express my empathy to the Lost Boys, I showed the struggles they faced in Africa, which was more cruel than what they faced in their resettlement in the United States of America.


Reason Critically..

I showed critical reasoning when I planned out my collage's structure, showing more pictures of the Lost Boy's suffering in Sudan, to create as much empathy from the viewers as possible. Also, I reasoned critically to sort of create a "map like'' structure for my collage, as the African countries are over in the Eastern section and USA is in the western section.


Communicate Effectively..


I communicated effectively, through my pictures, to show my awareness of the Lost Boy's plight. I used the images to show how hard the lives of the Lost Boy's was, as well as including some quotes, to further project my feeling of empathy towards the Lost Boys. With my six word memoir, Hear our Cries. Who will help?, the pictures shown in the "African" section of my collage, shows the Hear our Cries part. The Who will help part is shown in the "American" part of my collage, as some have found help, but still need help to assimilate into the American culture.

Live Ethically..

My collage shows empathy through the pictures that show their vast amounts of suffering. With the quotes I included, apart from my six word memoir, I showed one that came from their experience in Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya, and one that came after their first few experiences in America. Don't forget your culture shows that even through all the suffering they've been through, their culture is still most important. There is no heaven on Earth supports the six word memoir (Who will help?) by showing that they are still struggling and still need help to assimilate into America, and live a successful, new life.